[dokuwiki] Re: Two problems when including external pictures

  • From: Frank Thommen <fthommen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:28:15 +0100

Hi Andreas,

1. Picture does not show in DokuWiki
One set of pictures I want to include has URLs like
http://server:8080/a/b/c/3575

2. Link to picture is abbreviated
The other set of pictures I want to include has an URL with parameters:

http://www.dokuwiki.org/images#dynamic_images

In either case the pictures are changing regularly, so there is no use in
copying them locally.  Also the URLs are given and cannot be changed (to
include filetype extension or similar).

http://www.dokuwiki.org/images#caching

{{http://server/a/b/per_0?pic=4377&.jpg?nocache}}

Thanks a lot. This syntax works perfectly for my second problem but not for the first one. I tried

  {{http://server:8080/a/b/c/3575?&.gif?}}
  {{http://server:8080/a/b/c/3575?.gif?}}

None of these worked and the place of the image just stays empty. If I paste these URLs into a browser, I get the following error message from the system:

   Error: Option .gif requires a value.

Bummer! The picture *would* show up correctly (on the original page) with 'http://server:8080/a/b/c/3575?.gif=' or 'http://server:8080/a/b/c/3575?.gif=1' but these are not usable for DokuWiki. Any ideas how one could work around this one?

frank