[dokuwiki] Re: Trying to test the Spellchecker (Win32)

  • From: "Christopher Mc Carthy" <christopher.mccarthy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:29:25 +0200

> Okay as I asumed there is an problem with spaces in
> pathnames. Try this please:
>
> define ('ASPELL_BIN','C:\"Program Files"\Aspell\bin\aspell.exe');

Getting closer - this time the command line box that flashed was a lot
bigger, and then an entirely new error message:

[JavaScript Application]
An error occurred while trying to run the spellchecker:
Aspell returned an error: Error: Unknown Action:
Files\Aspell\bin\aspell.exe -a --lang=en --jargon=null --encoding=utf-8
--sug-mode=fast

> > I've looked high
> > and low for 0.6.x win32 binaries, but none exist at the moment :(
>
> At
> http://aspell.sourceforge.net/man-html/WIN32-Notes.html#WIN32%
>20Notes the author writes:
>
>"If you are interested in updated the native port please let me know."
>
>Maybe he will provide an updated windows binary if you ask kindly  :-)
>
>Andi

I interpreted that as 'if you are interested in supplying the project
updated win32 binaries, please contact me'; anyway see if we can get the
spell check working with 0.5.x first then I'll contact the aspell author
:)

Chris