[dokuwiki] Re: Template Switching Action

  • From: Gerry Weißbach <gerry.w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 18:40:13 +0200

Terence,

Gerry,

If I understood correctly he wants to change the template on a per user
basis (stored in the session) so modifying the config files is out of scope.

If this is the case, you should be able to easily modify the multitemplate template [1] to decide the template based on the user logged in instead of the namespace. And then just write a plugin to configure it if you wish.
Basically you are right, but the meaning of "change the template on a per user " can be mistaken on this topic. I don't want a special user to change the template. It is for everybody, having no special group, not being loged in or something, so I think the multitemplate does not really apply.

The big con is that you lose style.ini support, but that shouldn't stop you from using it.
I would not want to loose that.

The big pro though is that something very similary is already written and working, so by all means please build upon it instead of reinventing the wheel.
You are right, reinventing the wheel is waste of time, but I think in that special case it is necessary, though the function is imo a little different. The changes are only a couple of LOCs.

[1] http://tatewake.com/wiki/projects:multitemplate_for_dokuwiki