[dokuwiki] Re: Syntax for image cropping

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 15:22:11 +0200

Hi

after some discussion on IRC I implemented variant a) because of the
following reasons:

- unproportional scaling is nearly never used by anyone
- if it is used then just to for forcing an equal height on images
  where a few pixels distortion aren't visible
- people don't need to learn any new syntax and it behaves more like one
  would expect (nobody expects image distortions)
- implementing this variant is the simplest option ;-)

> Mhm ... I think the last suggestion is the best one. So you can still
> define the maximum area for the image and it will be scalled into
> that.

No. You never could do that (except in the gallery plugin which is a
completely different case). When width and height were given it always
scaled into that size. Width and height were not a boundary box. That's
why nobody ever used it.

> What if I want an image to have
> a specific height? I can say: {{image?150}} for a specific width, but
> {{image?x150}} for a spedific height and an automated scalling for
> the width isnt possible atm - right, or did I miss a thing?

correct. not possible. but isn't that much needed with the new cropping
in place anymore.

splitbrain.org