[dokuwiki] Re: Syntax for image cropping

  • From: "Gerry Weißbach" <gerry.w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 16 May 2008 15:01:31 +0200

>a) drop the unproportional scaling and always crop when both, width
>**and** height are given.
>
>This would affect existing pages using the scaling, but the result
>would be most probably better than before.
>
>{{q3abox.jpg?150x150}}
>
>b) use an uppercase X to indicate cropping is wanted
>
>This is not very obvious when reading the page but a clean, simple and
>fast to write syntax
>
>{{q3abox.jpg?150X150}}
>
>c) add a crop parameter to the syntax
>
>Uglyfies the syntax a bit but is clear what it does when reading
>
>{{q3abox.jpg?150x150&crop}}
>

>A combination of a) and c) is also possible: use cropping by default
>and use uppercase X for rare cases of wanted unproportional scaling.
>This is my current preference.

Mhm ... I think the last suggestion is the best one. So you can still
define the maximum area for the image and it will be scalled into that.
The croping will only take place in special intentional cases ... I've
got another question: what if I want an image to have a specific height?
I can say: {{image?150}} for a specific width, but {{image?x150}} for a
spedific height and an automated scalling for the width isnt possible
atm - right, or did I miss a thing?

Gerry.