[dokuwiki] Re: Syntax & Helper Plugins

  • From: Chris Tapp <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 19:55:42 +0000
On 3 Jan 2012, at 19:18, Chris Tregenza wrote:

I wish to use a helper plugin across several syntax plugins. However the DokuWiki_Syntax_Plugin class extends Doku_Parser_Mode class and not the DokuWiki_Plugin so the loadHelper method is not available.

What is the recommend way of either:

Adding the loadHelper and other necessary methods to syntax plugin

I just have:

        class syntax_plugin_mtplugin extends DokuWiki_Syntax_Plugin

        $this->helper = plugin_load ( 'helper', 'my-helper' );

        if ( !$this->helper )
        {
                die ( "Failed to load my-helper plugin" );
        }

in the constructor for my syntax plugins. Can then just call in to it:

        $this->helper->SharedFunction();

or

Setting up an alternative way to use shared coded across different syntax plugins

Chris Tapp

opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.keylevel.com