[dokuwiki] Re: Strange thing with do=index

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:01:36 +0200

Patrice Pillot writes:

Guy Brand wrote:
  See http://bugs.splitbrain.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=427
There is a $conf['sneaky_index'] option you can set to 1 in your
  local.php config file to honour read permission in the index.

While you put the finger on the right place, things are even stranger now :-p

If I take it correctly from the documentation (bug and conf file) I get it that 0 means "hide protected namespaces" and 1 "allow sneaking in namespaces when there are open pages somewhere below", right ?

No. It's sneaky in the sense of tricky or treacherous. When enabled it will work in most of the cases but it might break the index in certain ACL setups. That's why it is disabled by default.