[dokuwiki] Splitting a wiki

  • From: Fernando Gómez <fjgomez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 18:27:33 -0300

I've been creating a website on my local machine, using DokuWiki as a
CMS. This website has two main sections, and I initially organized the
pages using two namespaces, say ns1 and ns2.

Now that the content is mostly there, we think it would be more
appropriate to use *two* separate wikis, one for the content in ns1,
another for the content in ns2. So I'd like to split this wiki, and
set up a wiki farm for easier management.

The farm part seems to be ok, but I'm not sure how to do the split
part, without losing important data (such as the whole page history).
This is what I'd copy to the new ns1-wiki:

  data/attic/ns1: all
  data/media/ns1: all
  data/meta/ns1: all
  data/pages/ns1: all

  data/cache: nothing
  data/locks: nothing
  data/tmp: nothing

  data/index: ??

Am I missing something important? Any side effects I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance,

--
Fernando Gómez
Biblioteca "Antonio Monteiro"