[dokuwiki] Re: Spell Checker Hang

  • From: "Lothar Speil" <speil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:52:14 +0200

Hi Andi, hi all!

So you are talking to me... ;)

First some dates in advance:
OS:                     Windows 2000 Server SP4
Web server:             IIS5
OS Install.:    C:\WINNT
PHP Install.:   D:\Programs\PHP (5.1.4)
Aspell Install.:        D:\Programs\Aspell (0-50-3-3)
DW Install.:    E:\inetpub\testwiki (2006-06-19)

At first I had to fight with the standard problem of Windows and IIS: access
rights. The DW error message (aspell01.png) was not very helpful here. But
with the help of the filemon from sysinternals I found an "access_denied"
for the cmd.exe at an specific point (line 1689 @ filmon01.log, full event
at pressing on the spellchecker button, fist lines deleted). I gave some
minimum rights to it (Authenticated Users) and got to the next error: The
English dictionary was missing, I installed it, too, even if I only use the
German version.
After this the "standard" aspell errors for the distribution "words.aspell"
file showed up (aspell02.png and aspell03.png). I deleted the "utf-8" from
the fist line and changed "en" to "de" and aspell is happy. ;) But
unfortunately still not for "bigger" texts, aspell.exe seems to hang and
does nothing.

Anything I forgot?

Cheers
Lothar

PS: Interesting are the "BUFFER OVERFLOWs" e.g. at line 1634, but I don't
know if that does mean anything...