[dokuwiki] Re: Some Content is not displaying

  • From: Lee Tambiah <leetambiah@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:55:19 +0000

Frank Siegert wrote:
,---- Lee Tambiah wrote:
| We have been using Dokuwiki for a while now, using the "DokuWiki Release
| 2006-03-09". We want to transfer the info to another server. I would like
| to move onto the new version, so I added the new version of dokuwiki and
| then replaced the data folder from our old install. All information was
| displaying, however some links would display a blank page which should have
| content there. Strange thing is when you click "edit" the text is all
| there, but when saved or previewed it shows nothing.
|
| I have tried this on other servers and worked flawlessly without this
| issue, except this one server I am trying to deploy it on at current, which
| is red hat based.

Funnily enough, I had the same problem with an upgrade to the new release on a red hat :-( based server, and the problem seemed to be within the Latex-Plugin (either because of something leftover from the old plugin installation, or because a few things that I changed in it). Are you running the latex plugin or some other plugin? You might want to try by removing the non-default plugins one by one from your lib/plugins folder (and store them somewhere so you can put them back later).

--
Frank
I am using some plug-ins being /notes/, /bbcode/, /backup/ and /highlight/. When I installed the new version I only replaced the data directory not the plug-ins. Yes, there maybe a page that requires a plug-in to render the page correctly, thats a good point! However I am baffled as to why it has worked with no issues (still only replacing the data dir) on my Ubuntu Dapper Desktop, Ubuntu Laptop, and XAMPP on Windows XP at work.

Thanks for the pointers any more are welcomed...

Regards

Lee