[dokuwiki] Small problem with the default template

  • From: "Balazs Attila-Mihaly \(Cd-MaN\)" <x_at_y_or_z@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dokuwiki Devel List <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 21:43:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all

When I use the following code:

This is a paragraph
  * this
  * is
  * a
  * list
This is a second paragraph

The distance between the first paragraph and the list is greater than the
distance between the second paragraph and the list. (You can check it out at
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/playground:testlists if nobody edited it :)). This
is problematic (imho) if the first paragraph is related to the list (for
example it says "as can be seen from the list below") and the list is visually
more "distant" from the second paragraph than from the first (because it is
sending mixed messages, making it harder to interpret). I tweaked it locally by
adjusting the margin-top for the lists (ol/ul) and margin-bottom for the
paragraphs (p) in the CSS, however I'm not entirely sure that this is the right
approach.

In conclusion, in my opinion it would be preferable if the lists were at an
equal distance from the paragraphs preceding and following it (or closer to the
preceding paragraph), without needing artificial tweaks like linebreaks (\\)
after the list.

Best regards