[dokuwiki] Sitemap rewrite for farms

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 18:29:14 +0200

Hi all,

long ago I announced I will rewrite the sitemap handling for supporting farms
in order to solve http://bugs.dokuwiki.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=1693.
Today I've mostly finished that rewrite and I've uploaded the code in a fork on
github. You can see the code at http://github.com/michitux/dokuwiki.

The main changes are:
- the sitemap is stored in data/cache/sitemap.xml[.gz] instead of the DokuWiki
  root directory
- the sitemap is served from doku.php?do=sitemap
- there are two new events SITEMAP_GENERATE and SITEMAP_PING where plugins can
  change the content of the sitemap and which search engines shall be pinged.
  Both events allow to completely disable sitemap generation/pinging search
  engines.
- when the sitemap doesn't exist it is generated on the fly
- when the sitemap is disabled, error 404 is served, when the generation fails
  error 505.

As I've not only just copied some bits of code but rewritten most of it I think
it should be thoroughly tested and reviewed. That's why I've pushed it to a
fork instead of directly committing it into the main repository. So please test
it and give feedback if my changes do work or/and you have any suggestions on
how to improve the code.

Michael