[dokuwiki] Re: Single-sign on for one server WAS: Re: Why is the auth system cookie-based?

Hi Gabriel,

Yup. I had mentioned those steps on the list previously when I was asking if anyone was interested in an single sign on patch a few months back. I would have implemented a new config option to enable sso, and to specify a global htcookiesalt path. It would have set DOKU_REL to / when sso was on, and set DOKU_COOKIE to something else, but there was no interest. I dropped the idea since I update DW frequently, and I don't want to make changes every time that I update. At least if it was in the core, I wouldn't have to change anything.

Jason.

On 12/06/07 08:17, Gabriel Birke wrote:
Hi Jason,

yes, you are right. The logout problems I mentioned in another mail came
from DOKU_REL being the cookie path. I have reworked my original
(non-working and incomplete) instructions at
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:tips:commonlogin

All in all, achieving a single-sign on was very straightforward for me and
doesn't require many modifications. Thanks DokuWiki Team!

Gabriel