[dokuwiki] Re: SimplePie

> - Would this change be interesting, or am I wasting my time working on it? I

No this is wanted. Even if SimplePie 2.0 doesn't bring any new
features (I don't know) having a current SimplePie makes things easier
for our Debian maintainer.

> To put it in a nutshell: are there some particular reasons to, currently,
> avoid calling this constructor, or may I change this without hesitation?

No reason I can remember. Should be fine to change.

> - Are there some particular things I should be aware of about the
> integration of SimplePie in Dokuwiki;

Make sure it uses our own HTTP client. It should also make use of our
UTF-8 functions if possible. It shouldn't add any new dependencies to
DokuWiki.

If the way how SimplePie is used is changed, it would be good to
summarize these changes here so Plugin authors that might use the lib
can make any needed changes.

Andi

--
splitbrain.org