[dokuwiki] SimplePie

  • From: Guillaume Turri <guillaume.turri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 10:32:18 +0100

Hi,

I had a look at http://bugs.splitbrain.org/?do=details&task_id=2102, and
tried to see if I was able to upgrade to SimplePie 1.2 in Dokuwiki.

So far, I have some questions:
- Would this change be interesting, or am I wasting my time working on it? I
mean: are there some reasons to keep using SimplePie 1.0.1?

- It seems that the Dokuwiki class FeedParser_File defined by Dokuwiki,
which extends SimplePie_File, doesn't call the constructor of its parent.
This parent's constructor initializes some fields (in particulier
SimplePie_File::method) which seems to be now needed to correctly display
the feeds.
To put it in a nutshell: are there some particular reasons to, currently,
avoid calling this constructor, or may I change this without hesitation?

- Are there some particular things I should be aware of about the
integration of SimplePie in Dokuwiki; or some particular tests I should run
to make sure the update works fine?

Regards,
Guillaume