[dokuwiki] Re: Silly debian/ubuntu installation defaults - but how do I fix them?

  • From: Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 09:31:52 +0100

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 06:30:25PM +0200, Gina Häußge wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On 07/25/2010 05:29 PM, Kite wrote:
> >Open a terminal or command line window.
> >Try "sudo bash"
> >Try "su root"
>
> I think he was actually talking about his DokuWiki admin/users
> (otherwise that question would be highly OT on this list). Also,
> read http://www.dokuwiki.org/mailinglist#key_rules again carefully.

Absolutely right!  :-)

> @Chris G:
> I don't know the debian/ubuntu package, but there might be a
> dokuwiki configuration file somewhere in /etc to enable ACLs. Try
> starting from there.

Yes, probably, but I got in such a mess trying to work out where the
Ubuntu install had put all the bits that I removed it and installed
using the Dokuwiki tarball which puts everything in one place (in my
case under /var/www, it's my own server at home) which makes things
*much* easier to manage.

--
Chris Green