[dokuwiki] Securing a folder outside dokuwiki with dokuwiki auth

  • From: Andreas Benzler <info.benzler@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 09:15:23 +0200

Hi list

I would like to secure a directory on my webserver which hosts
additional content with the dokuwiki user and passwords. I am running
apache2 on a linux machine and think I have read about a possibility to
use basic authentification and point the  point to the users.auth.php
file. I think therefore one had to set the dokuwiki password hash style
to a apache compatible one. Unfortunately I can not remember where I
read this stuff.
With this method every user would have to log in twice. One time using
dokuwiki and one time accessing the other site. Can someone please
confirm that the above scenario does work and is secure? Can the groups
be used in this auth mechanism as well?
Is there a method out there that apache can find out that a user already
 is logged in into dokuwiki and skips basic auth if so? This would be
nice because I would like to embed the outside stuff inside an IFrame in
dokuwiki that it can be accessed from within the dokuwiki install.

Thanks for any hints

Regards

Andreas