[dokuwiki] Re: Search the wiki...

  • From: Oliver Geisen <oliver.geisen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:46:41 +0200

Hello,

Uhm, that I fixed the bug and it now works as it should.
Ok, i've found the fix (sorry, i did'nt use darcs) and redo my searches.

----------------------------
1.) Searching for "kbwm-pc14"
kbwm-pc14
"kbwm-pc14"
kbwm pc14
Give the same result now, but highlighting suggests that on all forms, dokuwiki has searched kbwm and pc14 as single words, not as one word.
So it seems to me that '-' will separate words after all (just like dots or spaces). If this is true, there should be a compound and a separated version in the search index, where compound has to be found first.
----------------------------
2.) Searching for "2.1.14"
I get the same results as before (without the patch):
2.1.14
2 1 14
give the same, too many, results.
"2.1.14"
Outputs better, but the highlights are not set correctly. There are all "2"'s "1"'s and "14"'s highlighted.

Should i do something else, before using this patch ? (delete/rebuild indexes, or so)

Oliver Geisen