[dokuwiki] Re: Search highlighting

  • From: "Todd Augsburger" <todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 08:31:03 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Gohr" <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2007 2:21 AM

>Todd, looks like you're using darcs. Can you send the patch as a full
>darcs patch?

Sorry, no. It's not that simple. I'm on a shared-server hosted
who-knows-where, and have very little control of things. I once actually got
the static-linked binary of darcs working, called from a greatly hacked
version of the darcs plugin, but it was never a smooth operation. And of
course I was only using it to maintain my dokuwiki installation--not to
record my changes. I eventually removed it.  :-(

The reason my submission _looks_ like darcs is because I've written some PHP
code which allows me to apply individual patches, such as the "raw" version
found in the darcs repository online web. That way I can keep current and
conveniently test patches submitted by others. So ... I also hand-encode my
own "raw" patches in a similar manner, so I can apply them again after I get
a new snapshot.

Speaking of my PHP code for applying raw patches ...
Are others interested in this capability? There is presently _no_ interface,
but I assume I could turn it into a plugin without too much trouble. It
would simply take a URL to a raw darcs-style patch, and apply it--no
questions asked.

Todd Augsburger
todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Roller Organs