[dokuwiki] Re: Search Result

  • From: "Todd Augsburger" <todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 16:49:46 -0500

Gerry,

Searching based on the text (only) of rendered xhtml is relatively easy, for
instance via the attached action plugin. (Place it into a
/lib/plugins/searchrendered/ folder if you want to play with it. Pages will
re-index as they're edited.)

But that's only one of the issues involved.
1) What should quoted text (phrases) match? (This is done in core code:
ft_pageSearch() in fulltext.php)
2) What snippet should be displayed for a match? Plain text with no xhtml?
(This is done in core code: ft_snippet() in fulltext.php)
3) Which functions will break? (backlinks?)
4) Which plugins will break? (At least one that I use for tag searches)
5) ???

I too would like to see (an option for) rendered text searches. What does
everyone else think?

Todd Augsburger
todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Roller Organs