[dokuwiki] Re: Search Result

  • From: Gerry Weißbach <gerry.w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:11:12 +0100

Hum ... well it's a suggestion ... but its really the last thing before disabling ;) I'd prefer something that includes the DW search engine ... if theres nothing, I'll invent it ;)

still thanks ... are there any other suggestions?

Sinc.

Am 26.02.2008 um 18:58 schrieb Jacob Steenhagen:

I can't say for sure about making DokuWiki give the rendered search results, but if your main goal is to avoid the "plain wiki text" in the search results, there's another step before disabling search. Well, I guess in tandem with disabling search.

Let Google's site search do it. You would loose the ability to search within a specific namespace and the ajax pagename match wouldn't work anymore, but you wouldn't have wiki text in your results :)
http://www.google.com/coop/cse/

If it's for an intranet, there's always the search appliance, though that does entail spending money.
http://www.google.com/enterprise/gsa/

On 26 Feb 2008 14:13:03 +0100, Gerry Weißbach <gerry.w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Hi List ...

i searched the forum for the topic, but didn't really find a thing ... i
think at has been a topic before, so i hope you'll still answer ;)

when using the search, the results are displayed as plain wiki text ...
is that changeable to the rendered text? can't we search the rendered
text directly?

i hope there is a solution to this, except disabling the search ;)

Sinc.
Gerry.

http://jacob.steenhagen.us