[dokuwiki] Re: Search Index

  • From: Andreas.Trawoeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:27:18 +0200

> Thanks. I am toying with the idea of writing the reverse - taking the
> text files and converting them back to OpenOffice.org.  I have had a
> number of requests to do this. My initial reaction was you can copy and
> paste from the rendered html so what's the point - but for compiling a
> book from a dokuwiki it seems to make sense to me.

Something like that would be wounderfull. I'm planning to use DokuWiki for
our Operational Manuals & Emergency Procedures and I'm looking for an easy
way to store a readable offline copy on a laptop or to make regular
printouts. Replicating the Wiki with your emergency procedure to another
server doesn't help you much if your network goes down or you have a power
outage. Replication the whole Wiki to my Laptop would be somewhat annoying
and a lot of work, when you only need the replicated version once or twice
a year and your colleagues can't access it.

cu andreas