[dokuwiki] Re: Search Index

  • From: Ian Laurenson <hillview@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:18:55 +1200

On Sat, 2005-07-23 at 20:57 -0400, Bert Garcia wrote:
[snip]
> Ian, thanks for the OpenOffice macro, made porting all the html docs to
> my wiki a very simple process.

Thanks. I am toying with the idea of writing the reverse - taking the
text files and converting them back to OpenOffice.org.  I have had a
number of requests to do this. My initial reaction was you can copy and
paste from the rendered html so what's the point - but for compiling a
book from a dokuwiki it seems to make sense to me.

> I tried the search on your wiki, seems pretty fast. What are the specs
> of the machine it's running on?

I confess that I don't know - I didn't ask the hosts (it seemed like
"looking a gift horse in the mouth"). It is slower on the host than it
is on my machine which is âAMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+, 512MB RAM, running
Mandrake10.1.

--
Ian Laurenson <hillview@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hillview