[dokuwiki] Re: Robots, RSS and media links

  • From: Michael Haschke <michael.haschke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 13:45:54 +0200

Hello Emil,

2011/6/16 Emil Edeholt <emil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I've added a few namespaces to the hidepages conf like this:
> some_ns:|other_ns:|etc: they seem to be hidden from RSS, internal site
> search, etc. but not from the search engines. It shows up on google and
> the meta tag keeps saying <meta name="robots" content="index,follow"/>.
> What shall I do, will I still need to create a robots.txt?

You may check out my NFTR plugin [1] for Dokuwiki, it is doing this:

* in the HTML header the plugin sets the meta tag for robots to <meta
name=“robots” content=“noindex,follow”/> and
* additionally it sends X-Robots-Tag: noindex via HTTP header

[1] https://github.com/haschek/DokuWiki-Plugin-NFTR

regards,
Haschek

--