[dokuwiki] Re: Result of running http://www.jslint.com/ on the "discussion" plugin's file named "script.js"

  • From: "Kingsley G. Morse Jr." <change@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 00:22:05 -0700

I may owe an apology for being terse, and not
mentioning that I like dokuwiki.

On 06/02/09 08:46, Andreas Gohr wrote:
[...]
> And your point is?

Only that

1.) an on-line javascript checker exists at

    www.jslint.com

and

2.) it may help maintainers standardize
javascript in their plugins.

I'm not familiar with javascript, but my
understanding from reading the checker's on-line
help is that, for example, where the report says

    Problem at line 26 character 15: Expected '{' and instead saw 'return'.

    if(!form) return;

it means that the form of the 26th line, which is

    if(!form) return;

is known to contribute to mistakes in projects
where many programmers are working on the same
code.

It suggests rewriting the line as

    if(!form) {
        return;
    }

Thanks,
Kingsley

PS: I happened to notice that the email address for
the "discussion" plugin's maintainer,
dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxx, bounced.