[dokuwiki] Render function in Syntax Plugins

  • From: Doogie <wiki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 15:59:31 +0200

Hello DokuWiki Team

The page at
http://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:common_plugin_functions sais

"render() --
uses the parser to parse and output a string containing wiki markup."

But
this is not true for syntax plugins, because there the render function has
a completely different meaning. Could it be that the object hirarchy
changed in some recent dokuwiki version?

inc/plugin.php DokuWiki_Plugin
would contain the render() method described above,
but

lib/plugins/syntax.php class DokuWiki_Syntax_Plugin extends
Doku_Parser_Mode { ... }

is again derived from parser/parser.php class
Doku_Parser_Mode.

I am willing to refactor the documentation. I just
wanted to ask if my assumtion is correct before I rip appart the
common_plugin_functions wiki-page.

Yours,

 Robert