[dokuwiki] Re: Release Candidate 2009-01-26 available

  • From: Michael Klier <chi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 08:35:43 +0100

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 01:36:59AM +0100, Dmitry Katsubo wrote:
> How can I update to new version, if I have modified a couple of code
> files? The article http://www.dokuwiki.org/install:upgrade says I need
> to overwrite everything.
>
> Is i a good idea in this case to make a unified diff between official
> versions and then apply a patch to my source tree?

If you want to make changes and have easy upgrades at the same time I
recommend you to use darcs. For your current situation that would mean:

        1. checkout the darcs repository up to the "tag" of the release you're
        currently using
        2. create a unified diff from your changed wiki against the darcs
        repository
        3. apply the diff to your darcs repository
        4. record the patch with darcs
        5. use darcs to update the wiki to the latest release
        6. resolve conflicts (if any) and record the changes (if any) in darcs

HTH

--
Michael Klier

www:    http://www.chimeric.de