[dokuwiki] Re: Reflexion on metafiles

  • From: YoBoY <yoboy.leguesh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:34:40 +0200

Michael Klier a écrit :
The function was recently patched to use PHP's glob function instead of
walking the whole directory. Does this change anything for you in terms
of performance?

Regards,
        Michael
After some tests, it appears that the glob function give us a constant 50% improvement in speed, no real memory difference and a similar quantity of disk access.

A mechanism based on file_exists could give a better speed improvement with a constant time response (more than 90% on a small directory) and not depending on the number of files in the directories.

Without considering my particular case of use on a nfs file system with a meta directory containing more than 12000 files, passing to a glob is a good choice. But we can do a better job by controlling exactly what we want to delete without scanning an entire directory to find these files.

Regards

YoBoY