[dokuwiki] Reflexion on metafiles

Hi,

In my search of limiting disk access by limiting use of the readdir() function, I'm studying the metaFiles($id) function in inc/pageutils.php file. This function is only used on the deletion of a page to search all the meta files associated to this page to delete them (we only keep .changes and .meta files).

My problem is I can't find a good solution to do this action without breaking the eventual use of a new meta file by a plugin, or adds in the future. But i can't let this function do all this absurd work of search (on our wiki this means walk through a directory with more than 12000 files to find 4) only to delete 2 files in a common install or more.

I think we have to make a more extensible system to add new types of meta files, so the system keep a trace of the extensions it have to look after and only check if fileexists before deleting them.

If you have more ideas or different approach of this problem, I'll be happy to read them :)

Regards

YoBoY