[dokuwiki] Re: Recent changes

  • From: "Brooks, Jennifer" <Jennifer.Brooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:03:46 -0700

Unsubscribe

end

-----Original Message-----
From: dokuwiki-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:dokuwiki-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Smith
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2006 10:13 AM
To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [dokuwiki] Re: Recent changes

Ben Coburn wrote:

> I don't see any reason to make the trimmer more complicated. The
> ksort() you added to getRecents() will already cleanup any out of
> order lines in the recent changes cache. The changelog caches of
> wiki's running the darcs snapshot will turn over in about
> $conf['recent_days'] days.

Maybe, but I don't believe it is that much more complex.

The sort in getRecents is for appearance only. It only sorts the one
page of changes returned.  If the change log consists of more than one
page the second and subsequent pages may contain entries out of order
with respect to the first page - although the entries on each page will
be displayed neatly ordered.

Yes, and thats five days - unless like me you've increased it quite a
bit :-)

Cheers,

Chris