[dokuwiki] Re: Purple Numbers

  • From: Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 22:46:05 +0100

TNHarris wrote:
On Sun, 10 May 2009 15:30:05 +0100
Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Today "Purple Numbers" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Numbers) have been added to DokuWiki.

Couldn't this just be a renderer plugin? The entire patch is in
inc/parser/xhtml.php plus the styles. Pushing this into every dokuwiki
site when it will be disabled for most of them seems like unnecessary
bloat to me.

Yes, I suppose this could be done as a plugin instead.
If someone decides it shouldn't be in the core, I'm fine with that and would make a plugin out of it.

But I don't think the argument against it should be 'bloat'. There are a lot of other things in DokuWiki which could be (and have been) considered as 'bloat'. And it is difficult to decide where to draw the line.
To quote the (nearly) overused statement: Disk space is cheap ...

Anika