[dokuwiki] Re: Purple Numbers

  • From: Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 23:46:03 +0100

Anika Henke wrote:
TNHarris wrote:
Couldn't this just be a renderer plugin? The entire patch is in
inc/parser/xhtml.php plus the styles. Pushing this into every dokuwiki
site when it will be disabled for most of them seems like unnecessary
bloat to me.

Yes, I suppose this could be done as a plugin instead.

In case you haven't noticed: Purple Numbers were taken out of the core again a few weeks ago.

I re-implemented them as a plugin today:
http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:purplenumbers

That version is improved by:
* fix for all <pre>
* added possibility to restrict its usage to certain namespaces
* added possibility to have consecutive instead of hierarchical IDs
* added choice between two different kinds of link texts

I personally will most probably not use this plugin, but will patch the wiki I need it for instead. Because otherwise, the way renderer plugins are built, you could never have Purple Numbers on a Talk Like A Pirate Day. ;-)

Andi told me there was a discussion about this problem way back, but I couldn't find it. Does anyone have the right keywords to look for or even the according link to the mailinglist archive?

Thanks,
Anika