[dokuwiki] Re: Proposal: make colorscheme and style of a template easily configurable

> replacing the style.ini; they are on Chimeric's website. The reason I
> created arctic_dark is that it needed a larger change than just the style.
> For example it needed different background images for the buttons as the
> light ones didn't look right on a dark colour scheme, new favicon etc.
Hi Martin,
        yes may be arctic/artcic_dark was not the right example. To be honest,
I based my choice exclusively on its name which happens to start with letter
"A" so that it appears on the top of the templates list. I haven't even looked
into its code to check that it was really just a color scheme variation.

On the other hand, due to the fact that in style.ini you can also define
placeholders
not only for colors, but also for image paths, it is still quite easy to change
most of
these things by just modifying the style.ini file. That's why I think my little
patch
for selecting the style.ini file would be very useful indeed.

I agree that, on the contrary, for favicon and all other images that are
included
by php/html, the thing is not so straightforward. In fact in my template (yet
be published), I chose the favicon based on the style name similarly to what I
do
for the style.ini in the proposed patch (that is, if there is a file called
"images/selectedStyle/favicon.ico, I include that particular one otherwise I
use
the default "images/favicon.ico")

Best Regards,

        giovanni