[dokuwiki] Re: Proposal: Dokuwiki usability issue

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:37:27 +0100
Anika Henke <a.c.henke@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hallo!
>
> > My proposal: Change the view of buttons and text entry field so that
> > they look like buttons and text entry fields. The CSS below will do
> > the trick and will add a cute animation effect to the buttons.
>
> But I have only one thing to criticize about the code you provided: I
> had some trouble with that "animation effect", when I tested it (in
> another project) about a year ago. I cannot really remember, but I think
> it broke something in IE ... (It could also well be that the reason for
> that lied somewhere else.)

I gave up my animation effect for now because it looks good in
Firefox 1.04 only.

Firefox 1.5 did it as well, except that it drew a black border around
the button after clicking and it moved the button too far so that I got
a jitter in bar height.

The IE5 or IE6 completely ignore my :active CSS and did their own
animation effect with the buttons after clicking. I haven't found a way
to change this behaviour.

Maybe we would get better control over the buttons if they were links
instead of forms but I don't know if this is applicable.

  Best Regards
    Matthias