[dokuwiki] Re: Proposal: Auth Refactor?

  • From: Krzysztof Kowalczyk <kkowalczyk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 09:56:53 -0700

On 6/2/05, Eddie Parker <eddie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now, I haven't looked extremely hard at the Auth stuff just yet, so I'm
> not sure if this will all work, but here is my inclination.
>
> I was thinking, it would be nice to have an abstract class, that acts as
> an interface.
>
> Therefore, we'd have something like: class IAuth { };.
>
> That class would list all the methods that a derived authorization class
> should contain, the only difference being that in the interface, we
> throw an error in each of those methods from the interface.
>
> Then, anyone who wants to come along, and write an auth module, can
> clearly see what they have to override, and extensions of that sort
> should be trivial.

> Now, I'm mostly just looking for feedback on this

It happens that few days ago I had to implement an ntlm auth module.
It took me about 10 mins to understand auth framework in dokuwiki and
another 10 to implement the module.

It's simple. You just implement 3 functions.

Your proposal doesn't make anything any easier (if anything, it would
be more complicated and take more code to do the same thing that is
done today).

Krzysztof Kowalczyk | http://blog.kowalczyk.info