[dokuwiki] Re: Problems with links to sections

Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 25/08/2006 (13:33) :
> there was a longer discussion about it some time ago on the list. as far as
> i can remember IDs may only contain ascii characters, underscores and
> numbers (specified in the XHTML specs). They are also not allowed to start
> with a number.

Ok, but one could solve that with using rawurlencode then. I mean then
it will be only ascii characters. I see that mediawiki uses rawurlencode
but for some reason changes all % to .

Maybe it is a HTML restriction as XHTML allow unicode.

> >Secondly why do one have to create a unique number to attach to
> >the id?
>
> The number should only be added when multiple headings have the same name.
> The first section would not have the number, the second one gets a 1
> appended.

I see, but this is only partly a solution to the problem. I mean it
won't work with inter page linking. But as I said earlier I don't see
that having two similar headline should work in the first place. :-)

Preben