[dokuwiki] Re: Problems with links to sections

Preben Randhol writes:

Is there any technical reasons why one don't simply use the titlename?
I mean one can convert it with rawurlencoding and replace spaces with
underscores, but I don't understand why one need to force ASCII. Many
pages will be written in UTF-8 so why not keep it?

there was a longer discussion about it some time ago on the list. as far as i can remember IDs may only contain ascii characters, underscores and numbers (specified in the XHTML specs). They are also not allowed to start with a number.

Secondly why do one have to create a unique number to attach to
the id?

The number should only be added when multiple headings have the same name. The first section would not have the number, the second one gets a 1 appended.

Andi