[dokuwiki] Re: Problems with DokuWiki and IE

  • From: Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:13:05 +0200

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 17:06:24 +0200
Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

here come a couple of patches for those poor people that are forced to
use Microsofts Internet Explorer. Welcome to the "club" :-/

1. toc_arrow_simple_transparency.patch
   This patch exchanges the file format of the TOC arrows from PNG with
   alpha channel to GIF with simple transparency, because the IE is not
   able to handle PNG correctly. Up to now I had no problems with other
   images used by DokuWiki.

2. ie_text_entry_height.patch
   This patch adjusts the height of text entry fields to the same size
   Firefox would display. Who knows why IE interprets CSS differently.

3. cache_control_header.patch
   This patch add an cache control header to fetch.php. Without this header
   external programs can't read media files directly from the IE. They
   break with an error message. Firefox never showed such illness.

> Yes i saw that but I didn't know how to fix it, the section edit buttons are
> too big as well... If you know how to fix please do so :-)

I also saw that the section edit buttons are very large in IE. I will do
some investigations on this. Please cheer me a litte bit up becasue I
really don't know why I fix all this nasty bugs in the Internet Explorer
for M$. I think that's their job, isn't it? :-|

  Best Regards
    Matthias