[dokuwiki] Problem with the sidebar template

  • From: David Louie <dblouie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:06:47 -0400

Just starting out with Dokuwiki and have the basic wiki running and
working under IIS. I'm trying to get the sidebar template to work but
not having much like. I am following the procedures at this link
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:tpl:templates for either the "sidebar
template" or the "better navigation template" and not having much

I am attempting to install the sidebar template. I have copied and
extracted the template files to lib/tpl and edited my dokuwiki.php
file, I've edited the line $conf['template'] = 'default';  changing it
to the line $conf['template'] = 'sidebar';

Now when I load the page, instead of my wiki it comes up with a
completely blank page instead of showing my wiki. Next I changed that
line back to default and tried a different approach.

I note in the documentation that it also references a conf/local.php
file to edit. I . I created the local.php file under the conf
directory and added the $conf['template'] = 'sidebar' line to it. Now
my wiki page loads - but without the images that I normally have. I do
not get a sidebar and I get the following errors at the top of the

$conf['template'] = 'sidebar'; //see tpl directory
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at E:\dokuwiki\conf\local.php:1) in
E:\dokuwiki\inc\actions.php on line 76

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?