[dokuwiki] Re: Problem uploading files

  • From: "Pedro Sanchez" <psanchez@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 12:27:53 -0500

On Thu, 2006-09-03 at 18:18 +0100, Andreas Gohr wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 09:52:00 -0500
> "Pedro Sanchez" <psanchez@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > But after a few seconds, when the operation seems to have finished (I
> > get the cursor back on the Uploads popup window), I note that the file
> > is not there. If I look on the directory data/media/mynamespace/ there
> > is nothing!
>
> Do you get a success message by dokuwiki?
No, it simply comes back ready for me to upload another file.

>  Do you get anything in the
> apache errorlog?
No, it is clean.

>  Did you make sure you have no POST size limit set in
> your apache conf (default on fedora)?
I haven't checked this one out.

>  I think there are some more limits
> in php.ini which may influence the upload. try to increase all size
> limits you see there.
>
> However I think uploading 700mb through HTTP isn't the best idea ;-)

Yes, this is correct. In fact I already set up an anonymous ftp server
on the same machine that runs the WiKi, and by adding
[[ftp://myserver/my_iso_image]] to the WiKi pages I get the desired
download service. Uploads still have to happen using a FTP client, but
this is OK.

I think this is a better way to go.

Thank you,

--