[dokuwiki] Re: Problem saving modified pages

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 18:26:05 +0000

Chris Smith wrote:
Olivier Lumineau wrote:

So I verified the output_buffering in my php.ini and it was off !
I put it like that : output_buffering = 4096, reload httpd, and now it works very well ! :-)

Surely the question is why is the BOM present?
utf-8 doesn't require it. DokuWiki shouldn't be generating it.

Is there a stray BOM in one of your files, perhaps associated with the parser/syntax plugins? To me it looks like when dw displays the page straight from cache everything is fine. When it generates the page from raw wiki data its including a php file which has the BOM.

What language does your wiki run under?
I'm thinking the problem is in one of the language files - hence you are seeing this issue, but most people aren't.

Cheers,

Chris

e.g. I ran "grep -R  *" against my copy of dw. It found one file, the russian language file of cacherevisionserase plugin with a BOM. Standard DW files seem to be clear of it.

Andi, is it worth putting something in tpl_content() to look for and remove any BOM in the page output. That should "defend" dokuwiki's good name against any third party syntax or admin plugin that has a BOM in one of its files. :)

Cheers,

Chris