[dokuwiki] Re: Plugins with standalone scripts

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 16:32:37 +0200

> Well, then this will be up to the users, and explained on the
> documentation of the Debian package, with something like: « some plugins
> will break, to fix them do that and that ».

Sounds like a bug in the Debian Package to me ;-)

> The case of the plugins and templates is specific, because they include
> files that are used locally by regular DokuWiki scripts (and may be
> anywhere on the file system, without needing to be accessible from the
> web), and files that are used directly from the web. The most tricky
> files are the ones that are to be used directly from the web and that
> depend on the DokuWiki installation (that is, not really /standalone/,
> in fact).

Everything below data/lib/ is possibly to be accessed from the web.
That's the distinction between inc/ and lib/. See
http://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:dirlayout

IMHO, the Debian package should not separate the data/lib directory.

BTW, regarding symlink compatibility I opened an issue for the captcha
plugin: http://github.com/splitbrain/dokuwiki-plugin-captcha/issues/issue/1

splitbrain.org