[dokuwiki] Plugin Manager: Not updating or installing plugins any more after

  • From: Frank Thommen <fthommen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 14:08:27 +0200

Hello all,

I've transferred my DokuWiki installation to an other server (via rsync), updated to the newest stable release (2009-02-14b) and while most things now work fine, the plugin manager has stopped working:

Trying to update or install a new plugin yields:

Either a blank page (and the plugin is not installed) for plugins delivered as .tgz files ...

or the following error message is printed (for plugins delivered as .zip files):

-----
(!) The plugin manager was unable to decompress the downloaded file. This maybe as a result of a bad download, in which case you should try again; or the compression format may be unknown, in which case you will need to download and install the plugin manually.
-----

Removing plugins works fine.

DokuWiki is running on a OpenSolaris server with Apache 2.2.9 and PHP 5.2.6 (the previous install was running under CentOS 4.4, Apache 2.0.52 and PHP 4.3.9). The Apache logs don't show any errors. tar, zip, gzip etc. are all installed, and the DokuWiki access permissions have been fixed and the cache has been purged by touching conf/local.php.

Any ideas what could be the cause of this problem or how it could be fixed?

Cheers

   frank