[dokuwiki] Re: Planning update to 2006-09-28

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 23:31:31 +0200

Just a few hints...

> 2. What are the relative merits of the Blog action plugin vs. the
> older Blog plugin? Is there any significant advantage in switching?

Esther can better answer that, but the old blog plogin needed some
modifications to the template, this is no longer needed.

> 3. If I do switch to the action plugin, is there any conversion needed
> for the existing "discussion" directories? And can those directories
> now be hidden from the index tree?

I think Esther talked about a converter in the forum. Do a search there.

> 4. I have created a custom template by duplicating the lib/tpl/default
> tree and making changes to those CSS and php files. What will I have
> to do to upgrade my template?

The only thing really changed is the media manager. If you based your
template on the default one it is probably enough to copy over the
mediamanager.php and media.css to your template and add media.css to
the style.ini