[dokuwiki] Re: Performance issues

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:53:32 +0100

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:10:40 +0100
Yann <yann.hamon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> MMmmh. I don't think this is really possible in this function... The
> best we could do would be read only the lines we need for the
> dichotomic search, but that would be at least half of the file...

Well I guess we could work with some binary access (I'm not sure it is
called this way - you know: get a chunk from the middle of the file and
get the timestamp, then from there access the middle of the part in the
right direction again... until you get the line you want)...

> And btw getPageInfo was already reading the whole changelog when I
> changed it ;)

I know I know :-)

Well I'll add your suggested code for now which is clearly better than
the current one but we should keep thinking on this.

> Btw:
> yann@mawu:/srv/www/fr/htdocs2/data/attic$ find | wc -l
> 18214
>
> Do you have a shell script that would delete the old versions of the
> files, keeping only, well, the 3 newest?

Have a look at
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:tips:maintenance#automatic_cleanup_script