[dokuwiki] Re: PDF Links

  • From: tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:02:17 -0500

On 1/16/09, Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Any reason this couldn't be conf'd?
>
> It is configurable. We're just arguing over the default here

Ah, ok.

My argument for attachments as default would be that I see DW as a
better system for documentation than PDF.

This is not to say PDFs aren't useful as documentation, and
understandably in corporate environments you might prefer to inline,
but I believe by default we ought to encourage using DW as a primary
means of documentation.

I guess I just imagine the case where one might just inline PDFs for
everything and not use DW syntax or versioning.

--
--Terence J. Grant