[dokuwiki] Opening any Wiki page takes 12 seconds

  • From: "Pasi Kovanen" <pasi.kovanen@xxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:23:06 +0300

Hi,

It takes more than 12 seconds to open any Wiki page in
our fresh installation.

Some background information:

Our ISP forces scripts with .php extension to run in
safe mode. However scripts with .ph extension are run in
CGI mode. I used this trick:

http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:discussion:renaming_doku.php

To access script with the name of index.ph.

Do you have any suggestions what could be the issue? Safe mode
hack cannot be used because FTP module is not installed in
our ISP's PHP.

Debug is turned off.

I set file permissions to 777 (btw if I set these permissions
in local.php they don't seem to work. Had to edit dokuwiki.php).

Cache dir looks quite strange:

Directories 1-3 and b are owned by apache, for 5-9 and d-f
owner is our uid.

purgefile, page.idx and word.idx are owned by our uid and
permission is 0777. However index.idx is owned by apache and
permissions 0644.

Could this mean that in our case .ph trick doesn't quite do it,
and some of the scripts get still run in safe mode?

Here is a Wireshark analysis of opening one page:

0 sec: GET /dokuwiki/index.ph
0.35 sec: GET /dokuwiki/lib/exe.css.php
(next packet comes at 3.7 sec)
3.82 sec: GET /dokuwiki/lib/exe/css.php?print=1
(next packet comes at 7.69 sec)
7.73 sec: GET /dokuwiki/lib/exe/js.php?edit=0&write=1
(next packet comes at 11.69 sec)

Any ideas what we could try?