[dokuwiki] Re: OpenOffice Renderer Plugin

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:48:41 +0200

Danjer writes:

I read that few weeks ago. But about styles and setting handling, I am wondering if it's a good idea to use an external xml php parser/writer (like expat or domxml). I have noticed that dokuwiki philosophy is to be independent most as possible from technologies (ex: It should work as well on php4 or php5).

For the renderer no XML writer library is needed, XML tags are written directly by the writer. In fact implementing this using a XML library would be probably much harder.

Did you have any guidelines on this ?
What's the best and stable choice :
 - Write or use parser/writer in php ?
 - Use php libs ?

For plugins are no strict rules. In DokuWiki's core we try to be compatible with PHP 4.3 standard installs. This might change with a broader adoption of PHP5. But til then a PHP only library (at least as fallback when native PHP extensions are not available) is a good idea.