[dokuwiki] New release of divalign2 plugin: ptype=stack fixes

  • From: Luis <ryan.chappelle@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 19:45:16 -0300

Hi everyone.

A couple of days ago I was contacted by <del>Anita</del> Anika Henke with
notification of the bugfix to the ptype='stack' paragraph mode [1] that
affected DokuWiki releases previous to 'Anteater'. My plugin, divalign2 [2],
was among a list of plugins affected by the bug (and hence the bugfix).

I've released a new version of the divalign2 plugin -- version 2.3 -- for
DokuWiki which comprises a first attempt to handle the issue. The plugin now
detects the DokuWiki version for releases previous to 'Anteater' and applies
a fix via TPL_CONTENT_DISPLAY that attempts to detect and remove extraneous
no longer needed. As a direct effect and first advantage, this plugin
_should_ no longer produce invalid XHTML code.

This release also contains some minor improvements and fixes; the most
important one is a new selection of icons for the divalign toolbar picker,
thanks to wiki user 'faraday' However, it also incorporates a necessary
regression in that support for the ODT rendered mode will be dropped for the
moment. The text renderer is not affected by the fixes.

This release is tagged "experimental", however update is recommended for all
current users because of the XHTML-compliance fixes for DW releases prior to
'Anteater'. Feedback on any and all apparent issues, in particular
regressions, will be appreciated and will help to bring the plugin out of
experimentalness again.

Support of pre-'Anteater' releases in this plugin will be continued at least
for the next year.

I hope this message is useful in some way to you all, and I hope to have
newer improvements and fixes during next year. Glad to be working in the
improvement of the DokuWiki Experience again.

Peace out-

[1]
http://github.com/splitbrain/dokuwiki/commit/f4daa9a18d9c09a1bac0696d92e2bceef8a6800f
[2] http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:divalign2