[dokuwiki] Re: New plugin: subjectindex -- create A-Z subject indexes for your wiki

  • From: Hendry Badao <hendrybadao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 17:19:47 +0200

 On 26-Sep-2010 20:41, Håkan Sandell wrote:
Hi Symon,

I think it's a pretty useful plugin, but you wanted some critique so here are my thoughts

a) if possible, change the syntax of the "tags" from :: ... :: to something like {{subject>....}} I think users should be able to guess the meaning of the syntax and it also should have some
    similarity with the {{subjectindex>...}}

b) you should use $renderer->info['cache'] = false so your users don't have to insert ~~NOCACHE~~
   I can't think of a case where {{subjectindex>...}} could do without it

c) the homepage is missing information about your config options

d) have you read about the new plugin.info.txt system ? http://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:plugin_info

e) how is compatibility with "Lemmings" ? A new release will be out soon so 2009-02-14 is old.

congratulation to your 3:rd released DokuWiki plugin !

/Håkan

PS. Maybe http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:pagequery would need some cleanup

Thanks for your suggestions Håkan, very helpful.

a) Yes, I had thought about that too, it's a better way of doing things. I was trying to keep the amount of typing to a minimum... Maybe something like {{idx>...}} or {{az>...}} would be a good compromise. I'll do a little thinking and make a new release.

b) About the cache, I'll incorporate that. Usually like to leave it up to the user, but your point makes sense.

c) Homepage is just a work in progress, I'll get better in the coming weeks.... "times is few" as they say here in South Africa.

d) Yes, I knew about the plugin.info.txt system, just never got around to changing the code. It'll be done too.

e) Yes, it works fine with "Lemming", just forgot to update the date info.

I also plan to put up some screenshots of the A-Z index result when I get some time. Thanks again for your help.

Symon

P.S. Do you mean the page itself needs a cleanup? I do agree, I planned to sort out the rambling discussion section, and just keep the "good parts".... ah, time....